Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tri-Shutter Card

There seems to be a lot of samples lately of a style of card known as the Tri-Shutter (for reasons which become obvious as you play with one of these). I finally got around to making my own version recently, and have to say I'm pretty pleased with how it came out.

These cards are really not that hard to make. I used the instructions found here, modified slightly to suit an A4 piece of cardstock. So long as your score lines are evenly spaced, with an interval in the middle twice the size of the outside folds (that makes no sense written down like that, but if you follow the instructions you'll see what I mean), it should work just fine.

And they're fun to decorate. Here I've used the Designer Series Paper "Sweet Always" as the inspiration for the colour scheme and stamp set - Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie is perhaps not a colour combination you would consider in the normal scheme of things, but it really does work as you can see.

I have a little more work to do on the inside of the card, but it looks so darned pretty as it is I don't want to mess it up *g*.

And here's a shot of the card from above, so you can see how it stands and get an idea of how it all folds together to fit in a regular C6 sized envelope.

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp set/s: Always

Ink: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Whisper White

Other: 1/2" Circle Punch. Sweet Always Designer Series Paper

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails