Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gotta Love New Stuff!

Aaaaah, that feeling when you get a box of goodies from a new catalogue ... love it!  I received my first big order from the new Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue this week, and almost didn't know where to start.

Finally I decided quick and simple would be best.  This new "Medallion" stamp is just gorgeous!  I honestly wasn't sure that I liked it when I first saw it, but after a quick look around the web at the way other people have used this stamp, I decided it was something I definitely had to add to my collection.

This card was inspired by this gorgeous creation - in fact, this was the card which finally convinced me I had to have the stamp.  I made a few changes, using glossy card instead of the shimmery white which isn't available in Australia, and testing out my new Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder on the strip along the bottom.

And have a look at this fabulous colour- new to Stampin' Up! Australia - Rich Razzleberry.  When this deep magenta colour was released in the States last year I was distraught - it's one of my favourite colours, and with the catalogue year being restructured, I was sure we would miss out on it.  But no, Stampin' Up! have elected to release three of the current US In Colors in the Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue, and this is one of them.  The other two, which I haven't got yet, are Melon Mambo (a bright pink) and Soft Suede, which is almost a coffee colour.

Here's a couple of closeups, one showing the embossed dots across the Razzleberry strip,and the other the layered centre of the Medallion.


If you would like to see some more of the great new items now available from Stampin' Up!, contact me to book your next workshop, or you could even drop by and I can show you a few things *g*.

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Medallion Background, Warm Words
Ink: Versamark, Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand

Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Glossy White, Whisper White
Other: 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Large Oval Punch, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card Chris, I love it...very delicate! Love the link as well. TFS. Cheers Donna Zammit

Felicity said...

Wow, this is simply elegant Chris :) What a beautiful job!

dictionar german said...

This is just a gorgeous, wonderful, fabulous card! Your coloring is beautiful!

Chris said...

Gosh *blush*
Thank you!
-Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails