Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Gift Card holders, #2

Here's the second of three gift cards I made just before Christmas (literally just before Christmas ... I think they were put together on December 24th). You can see the first here.

This time I based the holder on one found here, with amendments as suggested at this site.

If you've memorised the contents of your 2010-11 Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue (as I have, of course), you will see that I have used *gasp* a retired punch. Next time I will probably use my old faithful standby, self-adhesive magnet sheets, as I found that pulling this open a few times creased the cardstock a little, and I was worried about tearing the whole thing.

Can you see the shimmer spray? Yes, I know, I'm using this a lot, but it's so pretty!

I also added the extra dimension by putting the front (only) of the holder through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing die (a personal favourite of mine).

And here's the inside ... I added the little die cut butterfly because I somehow managed to get a tiny smudge on the pocket.

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Short & Sweet
Ink: Marina Mist
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White

Other: Frost White Shimmer Paint, Curly Label Punch, 1-3/8" x 5/8" Oval Punch, 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch, Top Note Die, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Jumbo Eyelets, Cropadile, Daffodil Delight 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails