Thursday, July 14, 2011

A little peek

I can't show you the whole card, because it still has to be mailed out to a friend, but here's a little peek at a card I made last night with my NEW toy, the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet for my Big Shot.

This sizzlit die set comes with 12 dies, containing all upper and lower case letters of the alphabet, plus the numbers 0-9 and punctuation, all in a nifty little storage case with room to store half a dozen extra medium sized dies (or, in my case, my smaller standard sized dies which rattle around a little, but hey - they're all in the same place now).

The first thing I wanted to do was try the inlaid embossing technique, where you glue punched or die cut elements to a sheet of cardstock then put it through an embossing folder in the Big Shot. Here I have used the Square Lattice embossing folder (still available, contact me for details) and embossed the greeting right onto the background. It looks as though the letters were printed onto the cardstock - you can barely see that they are actually another layer.

Come back in a few days to see the actual card :-)

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
Other: Timeless Type Sizzlit Dies, Square Lattice Embossing Folder

1 comment:

Pauline Laing said...

whoa! I like that! You've been looking up tricks when I wasn't there, haven't you? Must try that too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails