Wednesday, May 9, 2012

More Shabby Chic

After all this time, looking sadly at other people's amazing "shabby chic" style cards and wishing I had whatever it was that it takes to create such pretty things - I may have cracked it!

First this ...

And now this:



I'm particularly proud of this one - and it is so much prettier in real life!

Originally I sat down with elements of this card in mind - I liked the combination of Framelits and Designer Frames Embossing Folder and wanted to see what I could come up with.  But I also had an idea that I should use a colour that hasn't been getting much airtime - so out came Calypso Coral.  I have to admit, this is not a favourite colour of mine, so it has sat untouched and unloved in my collection.  I had no idea what to pair it with.

So I did what I always do when I don't know - than you Google - and voila!  I found this beautiful card made by a fellow SU demo in Perth, and my colour combination (and some of my inspiration) was complete.  Who knew that Calypso Coral would look so good paired with Pool Party and Soft Suede (with just a touch of Old Olive)?


Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamps: Creative Elements, Vintage Vogue

 Ink: Calypso Coral, Soft Suede

 Cardstock: Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake
 Other: Eyelet Border Punch, Labels Collection Framelits, Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, Extra-Large Oval Punch, Crimper, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Bird Builder Punch, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, Basic Pearls

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails