Monday, June 17, 2013

Watercolour Flowers

Occasionally I like to sit down with a cup of coffee and take a look at what other people are doing with their Stampin' Up! supplies, and one person who can always wow me with her talents is Michelle Zindorf (go on, take a look - I'll wait here till you get back).

Normally, Michelle is the queen of brayers - many of her tutorials cover the use of the brayer to create multi-layered backgrounds that are just amazing - but this one in particular caught my eye.

 And to my surprise, I realised that I had all the stuff I needed to make it (actually, knowing how much "stuff" I have, this probably shouldn't have been surprising at all).  So I sat right down to give it a go (literally!  I dug everything out and started as soon as I saw the picture!).

As it turns out, the only things I didn't have were a Tempting Turquoise marker (but the inkpad will do in a pinch), and the Crisp Cantaloupe inkpad (one of the new In Colors - I have it on my wishlist, but I just haven't got around to placing my demonstrator pre-order quite yet).  Luckily the former In Color Calypso Coral is now staying around as part of the rejigged Subtles range and while it's a much stronger colour, it has subbed in quite well :-)


I wish you could see the colours properly - the light when I took the photo was a little dim, and the vibrance of the original hasn't come across well in these photos.



Here's a detail of the flowers - you can see the white gel pen highlighting the tops of the flowers, and the marker lines at the bottom for shadow.

Images © 1990-2013 Stampin' Up!® 
Supplies used:  
Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes
Cardstock:  Old Olive, Pool Party
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Calypso Coral, Pool Party Stampin' Write Marker, Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker, Always Artichoke Stampin' Write Marker, Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories:  Watercolour Paper, Clear-Mount Blocks, Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, uni-ball Signo Gel Pen


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails