Friday, April 25, 2008

One more with my new favourite set


I am loving this set. I thought I would try something a little different with it this time, and stamped the large flourish a couple of times across gloss white cardstock. I drew a few little swirls in with a white crayon, then brayered the lot with Old Olive ink. After polishing it up with a tissue, the white shows up nicely and adds a little interest to the panel.

No black ribbon so I made do with white ribbon coloured in with my Basic Black marker ... it's not a perfect solution but it does the trick.

It's impossible to tell from the scan, but the "kind" label has been attached with a dimensional - I love these little things, they add just that tiny little bit of "whatever" that makes the design work.

And I used that paper piercing technique again; this time it has worked much better than my first attempt.

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies: Baroque Motifs stamp set, Rose Red, Basic Black and Gloss White cardstock, Basic Black and Old Olive ink, Small Oval and Large Oval punches

3 comments:

Gina S said...

Lovely card, Chris ! I love that set, too :)
Gina

Gail Kirby said...

I love this card! And I've even found my white crayons so I can case *g*

Gail

Melita said...

I really like this! Love the technique tip too - thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails