Monday, December 7, 2009

Birthday Butterflies

It was my friend (and downline) Pauline's birthday the other day (she has blogs - many of them - check one out here and another here). As always, I left my cardmaking to the last minute - it's not that I forget, it's more that I just don't remember.

Working quickly with materials I had on hand, I came up with this card for her. See, I stamped the butterflies from Butterfly Prints - now available from the new Summer Mini Catalogue) onto vellum this time, as I meant to do last time. It didn't work out quite like I had expected, but it's still nice.

The word "Create" down the side of the card was a happy accident. I had stamped the Tres Chic background onto a quarter sheet (A6 size) of Baja Breeze, then trimmed a centimetre off the bottom so it could be layered onto the Baja Breeze base - and voila, this word was trimmed to exactly the right height!

You can see I've sponged around the stamped Baja Breeze layer, just to bring it away from the base card a little.

And the butterflies are glued down the middle with the thinnest line of Tombow Multi Glue I could coax out of the little bottle, with the wings popped out to give the impression of a real butterfly landing on the card (if butterflies were made of vellum. And didn't have bodies or legs. Okay, so it's a lousy illusion).

I have to say, I'm pretty happy with this Tombow Multi stuff - the bottle is double ended, with one end being a super-fine nozzle, and the other being a broad tip for applying glue to a large area quickly; and it sticks brilliantly!

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp/s: Butterfly Prints, Tres Chic
Ink: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy

Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Vellum Card
Other: Butterfly Punch

2 comments:

Pauline Laing said...

Aww, that's cool! Thanks for my pretty card. I see you really like big background stamps!

Chris said...

*sigh* love the background stamps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails