Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Countdown to Christmas

With only a few days to go, I thought I had better share my Christmas cards for 2011 ... those of you who saw my previous post will recognise this instantly LOL.  Yes, I CASEd myself again this year - it was hard enough coming up with one design I could mass produce, why would I want to try to think of another?

Actually, I did have another idea, but that never really took off - I decided I was trying too hard, and the finished results didn't look ... well, finished.  I might revisit the idea through the year, however - we'll see how keen I get.

As with the cards I made for my employers, I trimmed each edge with the Scallop Border Punch, and embossed them using the Finial Press Embossing Folder.  This time I used my time-saving tip of putting two through the folder at a time from the start ... you may be able to tell from this closeup that the embossed design doesn't look quite as crisp as you would normally expect - this card uses the bottom of the two embossed sheets.

To dress up the cards a little, I spritzed the front flap with a little of my home made shimmer spray (ie. a few drops of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint in a little spray bottle with some rubbing alcohol) - it looks pretty and smells nice too!

Images © 1990-2011 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp/s: Season of Joy
Ink: Rich Razzleberry

Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Other: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Champagne Frost Shimmer Paint

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails