Friday, December 23, 2011

A Cardstock Comparison

I'm sure I've posted about this before, but I can't for the life of me recall where it ended up.  Anyway, it bears repeating.

The other day, when I was making my Christmas cards, I was hunting for my stash of Whisper White cardstock (yes, it usually lives in the one place, but I was getting low and thought I might have some squirreled away elsewhere).  I found a handful of white cardstock and naturally assumed it was what I was looking for.

I couldn't have been more wrong, as I discovered when I started to stamp.

Can you see the difference in the picture?

The El Cheapo cardstock is on the left.  The cardstock itself looks very similar to Stampin' Up! Whisper White, but the ink just doesn't soak into the card the same way it does with the SU sample shown on the right.  You can see how patchy the tree looks, especially around the large swirl.


The Whisper White (and Very Vanilla) cardstock from Stampin' Up! have a smooth, smooth, smooth finish which takes ink beautifully.  You might be able to get away with a cheaper card if you are using outline stamps (although, why compromise?), but for bold stamps with large inked areas, you honestly can't go past this stuff.  If you are at all fussy about the finished look of your cards and scrapbooking pages, I can't recommend this highly enough.

You will be pleased to know that I found my hidden cache of Whisper White (and ordered another packet just in case) and my Christmas cards are ink-perfect :-)

Images © 1990-2011 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp/s: Season of Joy
Ink: Rich Razzleberry

Cardstock: Whisper White, and some cheap stuff I had lying around

1 comment:

Pauline Laing said...

Don't want to scare you, but your banner has a hat!

Happy Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails