Thursday, February 16, 2012

This might be a little too pink, even for me...

... and I like pink.

A couple of weeks ago, I took myself of to stamp club, as I do pretty much every month (by the way, if you live in Melbourne, you might like to drop in - 1 till about 4 on the last Saturday of the month - more information on the stamp club blog - new members are always welcome).  I had a mission, which involved not taking practically everything I own "just in case" because I have a LOT of stuff and there's only so much I can carry.  So I took my craft tote bag which has all my necessities like adhesives, scissors, sparkly stuff, etc, etc, etc, a couple of stamp sets a few sheets of cardstock and half a dozen matching inkpads.

Oh, and my Big Shot, assorted embossing folders and a few handy dies, because obviously you can't leave them at home.  They're practically essentials!

Anyway, I was carrying a little less than usual.  Not much, but a little.  And it paid off!  So often, I go to stamp club with no ideas, and just take along a bunch of stuff that doesn't match, and end up frustrated because I can't get anything to work out how I want it.  This time it worked a treat - and while this card is a little pink, even for my tastes, I am happy with it!

The lighting wasn't quite right when I took the photo, so the colours you see here might not be quite as vibrant as they really are, but you get the idea.

I love this stamp set, I just wish I remembered to use it more.  The two-step stamping looks really effective, specially when the outline stamps and the bold stamps don't match perfectly.

I have also used a little rock 'n' roll here - inking the flowers in Pretty In Pink, then lightly rolling the edge of the stamp in Melon Mambo to give a little extra dimension to the flowers.

Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp/s: Awash with Flowers
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Sahara SandCardstock: Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Other: Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails