Sunday, February 19, 2012

My new obsession

... and it's not stamping!  Well, it is stamping related, kind of ...

A friend told me about Pinterest, I took a look and now I can't stop browsing!  It's a site where you can store pictures of things that you love - like a giant pinboard.  In the past, I have bookmarked pictures of things to look back on later, but trawling through all those bookmarks is hard work *phew* - so much easier to have all the pictures right in front of you!  Less clicking = more time to look!

So why is this relevant?  Well, I have been pinning pictures of cards I liked, whether it was a colour scheme, a layout, an interesting way of using something, and was inspired to make this the other night:

 

Here's the original  - isn't it gorgeous?  And such an effective use of the Lace Ribbon Border Punch.

I've made the cute scrunched flowers before, but this one was made by spritzing the punched scallops of cardstock with water, as per the very entertaining tutorial here (I have to admit I laughed a little while reading this one!).

Here's a closeup of the strip of cardstock and the flower - I really like how this came out, and was surprised at how "solid" the flower became once it was dry!  You can also see the flecks of Shimmer Paint (in Champagne Mist) I used to spritz the base and flower for a little sparkle.


And just because I love the flower, here's another closeup.


Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Cardstock: River Rock, Very Vanilla
Other: Lace Ribbon Border Punch, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Basic Pearls, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails