Sunday, March 18, 2012

Birthday Stamps

One of my oldest friends had a birthday recently (waves to Jenny) and as always I was caught short and only remembered at the last minute.  You'd think after all these years I would be more organised *sigh*.  Anyway, I was inspired by this adorable card, especially the way she had punched the Postage Stamp out of coloured cardstock, and had to try my hand at something similar.

So one morning on my day off, after my daughter had left for school and before I started my chores for the day, I whipped this up.



As you can see, I've used a stamp from the Sale-A-Bration set Fresh Vintage (available FREE until the end of March with a purchase of $100 - contact me for more details) which coordinates beautifully with the 1" Square Punch from the Summer Mini (and of course the Postage Stamp punch, also in the Summer Mini).

And from start to finish, this took me around half an hour to make.  I have to admit to being quite proud of myself when I was done :-)

And look!  It's that framelit again (from my last post).  This time you can see it a little better;  in fact I sponged the edges just so it would stand out a little more.  The funny thing is I had stuck the card together then looked across the table and realised the Crumb Cake piece - my crowning glory, that was going to bring the whole thing together - was sitting there all by its lonesome.  Fortunately the "stamps" are stuck to the red border, not the layer underneath, and I managed to slide the finishing touch in *phew*.

Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamps: Fresh Vintage
Ink: Basic Black, Crumb Cake
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler
Other: Lace Ribbon Border Punch, 1" Square Punch, Postage Stamp punch, Labels Collection Framelits Dies, Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die, Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails