Friday, July 13, 2012

Create

Recently I attended a small get together of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from my upline's extended "family" ... a swap was proposed and for a wonder, I actually got involved!  I rarely do swaps, as I have a very low boredom threshold, and doing more than about three of the same card sends me around the twist (which is why I dread Christmas each year lol).

Anyway, here's the card I ended up with ... it started with a desire to at last get around to using the Two Tags Bigz Die that I finally bought in May as well as the Cherry Cobbler embossing powder that I have had for months, and sort of grew from there.


The bottom right corner was masked with a piece of torn paper then stamped with En Francais in Crumb Cake.  I decided to lightly sponge the masked area with the same ink as well for a little extra definition.

After much debating with myself (and solicitation of advice from my 13 year old daughter, who frankly couldn't care less) I used a strip of Soft Suede cardstock down the left side of the card to balance out the greeting and sponged/stamped right side - I think I made the right decision in the end.

Sharp eyes might notice something about this card which may ... or may not ... be included in the next Stampin' Up! catalogue ...  I will leave it up to you to work it out :-)

Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
 
Stamp(s): Creative Elements, En Francais
 Ink: Versamark, Crumb Cake

  Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Other: Two Tags Bigz Die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Decorative Label Punch, Large Oval Punch, Stampin' Sponges, Extra Secret Ingredient from upcoming Catalogue :-)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails