Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Embossing Fun

A couple of weeks ago while flicking around the web, I came across a card using the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder - but not in a way I'd ever thought about before.

The stamper had turned the folder on its side and used just one edge to create a border across a card front, and I found it intriguing enough to have a try for myself.

Here's the original, and here's my take on the technique:


The original card is much nicer, but I do quite like how mine came out - it's the teensiest bit wonky but I think I'm the only one who can tell :-)

 And so you can get a look at the wonkiness, a closeup:



See?  Barely noticeable!

Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
 

Stamp(s): Mixed Bunch

 Ink: Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight
 Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Whisper White
Other: Blossom Punch, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, 1" Circle Punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails