Saturday, November 3, 2012

80th Birthday!

My dad celebrated his 80th birthday last week - wow, I can't believe I just wrote that :-)  My brother had the family over to his house in the country for lunch and cake and general get-togetherness and a great time was had by all - specially Dad!  He was proud as punch to be surrounded by not only his kids, but his grandkids as well.

To mark the occasion, what could I do but make a special card for him?  This turned out to be quite a challenge, as a "milestone" card like this can't be just any old thing - it has to be something special!

I hope that this card meets that expectation:


Inspiration was heavily drawn from this card which I found on Pinterest - which was in its turn, inspired by another picture on Pinterest ... I wonder if my card will end up on Pinterest in some sort of Pin-vortex?

Anyway, I specially liked the cut out circle with the image below - I dressed mine up a little using the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack and my trusty paper piercer.  And that embossed layer is popped up a little with Dimensionals ... lots and lots of Dimensionals.  I can honestly say I've never used so many Dimensionals on one card before :-)


Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamps: Summer Silhouettes, Memorable Moments
Cardstock:  Basic Gray, Lucky Limeade, Midnight Muse, Whisper White
 Ink: Lucky Limeade, Midnight Muse
Other:Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Midnight Muse Striped 3/8" Satin Ribbon, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Stripes Embossing Folder, Apothecary Accents Framelits, 3/16" Metallic Brads, 3/4" Circle Punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails