Friday, January 25, 2013

Summer Flowers

I'm still loving this set - Summer Silhouettes - lots of scope to mix 'n' match the stamps to create your own bouquet or garden of summer flowers :-)

I ran across this card on Pinterest the other night and knew I had to try my hand at something similar.

Here's my version.  More Crumb-Cake-y, less Sahara-Sand-y, but you can see the inspiration.



The scalloped border was created by trimming a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock with the Large Scallop Edgelits, and then carefully positioning the Delicate Designs embossing folder so that only part of the design was embossed.  I felt that the whole border pattern would be a little too overwhelming on an otherwise simple design.

And here's a closeup of that scalloped border:


No greeting yet - once I've decided just what occasion it's for, I'll sort that out :-)

 Images © 1990-2013 Stampin' Up!®
Supplies used:
Stamps: Summer Silhouettes, En Francais Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Raspberry Ripple
Accessories:  Large Scallops Edgelits, Delicate Designs Embossing Folders


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails