Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hot off the press!

This card is so "fresh" it's still warm! I finished this literally 30 minutes ago, and was just so excited about it I had to post it straight away (well, right after I tidied up and took this photo, that is)!

It's called a "Bib Card" (instructions here), and while the tutorial appears to have been around for a while, it's the first time I'd seen it so it's a "new to me" project.

The colours are totally off, as I had to photograph the card rather than scan it so you can get the 3D effect of the card, and the light in my place at 9:30 at night isn't that great. I have adjusted the levels as much as I could to try to capture the essence of the actual colours (which are Soft Sky and Rose Red).

Isn't it nifty? And not that tricky, although I don't have a Coluzzle so had to faff around with my Fiskars shape templates to get the circle cut in the right place. But once the circle is cut that's basically it for the hard work; the rest is all the fun of embellishing the card.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the result!

PS: See my new favourite thing to do? I have gone eyelet mad since I took delivery of my Cropadile. It's a pretty scary looking tool, but once you get the hang of it you'll wonder why you didn't get one earlier *g*. It can punch through just about anything that will fit, including a 96 page exercise book (but not a 128 page one ... too wide) (yes, the kids and I tried it), as well as tin, leather ... well, you name it - AND it sets your eyelets with ease.

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used: Soft Sky, Rose Red and Whisper White cardstock, Soft Sky, Rose Red and Close to Cocoa ink, Baroque Motifs
stamp set, Scallop, Small Oval and Large Oval punches, Cropadile, eyelet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails