Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gift Cards

It's that time of year again, when I run out of ideas for what to get for my brother's three kids. So as usual it comes down to gift cards so they can get what they *really* want.

This year we are going to see my brother's family before Christmas so today has been a bit of a rush to get stuff done before tomorrow. Yeah, I've known about it for a few weeks, but the last minute rush is traditional this time of year. If it wasn't for the last minute I'd never get anything done!

The problem with giving gift cards is making them look interesting. After all, they're nothing more than a little piece of plastic, no matter how pretty the pictures are. The solution - make cute little folders to put them in! I used instructions which are found on many websites to create these. Simply cut a strip of cardstock 4-1/2 by 11 inches (I was following US instructions), then score at 3, 5-1/2 and 8 inches. Fold into a W shape and stick the middle bits together at the sides and bottom. Use the Word Window punch to cut a slot out of the centre piece (and punch an extra bit out with a circle punch if you like) and there you have it.

And would you believe I forgot to take a photo of the inside ... if I remember I will sort that out tomorrow and put it up. Duh.

Stamp sets: Season of Joy (no longer available, sorry!)
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Soft Sky, Not Quite Navy, River Rock, Old Olive
Cardstock:
Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Soft Sky, Not Quite Navy, River Rock, Old Olive, Whisper White
Other: Word Window Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch Stampin' Dimensionals

Just for comparison, here's two of the holders I made last year, using a nifty little pattern found here ... how clever and cute is that?

Stamp sets: Bud Basics, Looks Like Spring
Ink: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Basic Black

Cardstock: Bashful Blue,
Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Other: Corner Rounder, Horizontal Slot Punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails