Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Counting down to Canberra

The highlight of the Stampin' Up! year would have to be the annual Convention, held in a selected capital city each year around this time of year. This year it's in our nation's capital and it's next week (eek).

At most papercrafting gatherings, it is a tradition for attendees to swap creations, and of course a convention hall filled with Stampin' Up! demonstrators is no exception. I have even managed to get my act together enough to prepare swaps (for me this is pretty momentous, generally I'm not organised to make more than one of anything) (I make an exception for these events though!).

This time around I have gone with a couple of different designs, because when I started I didn't have any new stuff, then I got excited about this new set Upsy Daisy and had to do something with that as well. And so I didn't get too bored I ran with a few different colourways on the Upsy Daisy card (you can see two of them here) (okay, there was an ulterior motive - I ran out of Apricot Appeal cardstock and had to use an alternative colour as the base so played around with the other colours*g*).

So here's my swaps. I like them. But I'll be happy to get rid of them all because that means I'll have some lovely new things to look at when I get back from Canberra.

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp set/s: (Cards 1 & 3) Upsy Daisy; (Card 2) Baroque Motifs, En Francais
Ink: (Card 1) Real Red, Pixie Pink, Apricot Appeal; (Card 2) Pixie Pink, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip; (Card 3) Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, So Saffron
Cardstock: (Card 1) Apricot Appeal, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White; (Card 2) Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Glossy White (Card 3) Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Basic Black, Whisper White

Other: (Cards 1 & 3) Stampamajig, 1-3/8" Square Punch, Stampin' Sponges; (Card 2) 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Stampin' Sponges

Can't wait till next week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails