Monday, April 13, 2009

New Rubbah!

With a new catalogue comes new rubber, and that's gotta be good. Except for my bank balance (ouch) but these things happen.

My new stamps turned up this week and while I haven't been sitting down stamping madly non-stop, I have managed to put together a couple of cards I quite liked using one of my new favourite sets, Fifth Avenue Floral. This set contains three flower stamps, a stem (so you0 can build your own garden) and a phrase as shown on this first card.

Hmmm ... I don't remember this photo being quite so blurry - sorry about that *g*. You get the idea.

The rose stamp is pretty big - the image is about 6.5cm x 7cm, and as with the other two flowers is perfect to watercolour - or, as shown here, stamp onto coloured cardstock and cut out.

Loooove the new Wide Oval Punch!

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp set/s: Fifth Avenue Floral
Ink: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Real Red
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White

Other: Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Edge Punch

The second card I made with this set was inspired by this one at Splitcoaststampers ... I even accidentally used the same words *g*, trust me, I was looking for something different but the typeface just fit so nicely with the design.

I must have been having a red and black day.

The strange thing about this is, while I love how the card came out, and the warmth and brightness of the colours, I'm not a fan of orange at all. I guess I'm learning to live with it, so long as it's offset by another colour.

The colouring was done partly with a blender pen and inkpad, and party with Stampin' Write markers.

Did you know that the word window fits exactly into the Large Oval Punch? Looks very effective, don't you think?

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp set/s: Fifth Avenue Floral, Upsy Daisy
Ink: Stazon Black, Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White

Other: Large Oval Punch, Blender Pen, Stampin' Write Markers in Apricot Appeal, So Saffron and Summer Sun

1 comment:

Pauline Laing said...

Love those hollow flowers! They lend themselves to lots of looks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails