Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Another Monochromatic Card

After I made the card in my last post, I tried another monochromatic card, this time using the Dynamic Duo of Old Olive and Certainly Celery. Again, this is a shameless CASE of someone else's card - one I saw in our display at the Craft & Quilt Show recently ... I have no idea who made the original (which was made in browns), but it was so striking I had to try it.

I love how it came out!

First I stamped the grass image onto Certainly Celery cardstock, then dusted the image with the Embossing Buddy in preparation for embossing. The Embossing Buddy helps to dry any damp ink and stops embossing powder sticking to places it shouldn't.

The flowers were stamped with Whisper White Craft ink (I could have used Versamark but wanted to make sure the resulting image was as white as possible) then embossed with white embossing powder.

My kids said the card was "too green", but I like it. I will definitely be trying this style again with different colour combinations.

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp set/s: Inspired by Nature

Ink: Old Olive, Whisper White Craft

Cardstock: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Whisper White

Other: Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Embossing Buddy, White Stampin' Emboss Powder

1 comment:

Felicity said...

Totally luv this card Chris - will have to give this technique a go definitely

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails