Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's that time of year again!

Yes, Christmas is only just around the corner! Which means that I should have started and finished making my personal Christmas cards by now (as opposed to the ones that I make for my employer) and have them stacked up neatly ready to be mailed out to my friends and family.

Yep, like that's going to happen.

What actually happens is I start thinking about Christmas cards in September, then spend the next two months thinking I have loads of time, until I realise it's late November and I haven't done a damn thing about it. Like about now, f'rinstance.

As I was playing about the other night trying to think of ideas I turned to a fun colour combination which I've been using a bit lately - pink, orange and brown. Or, in Stampin' Up! talk, that would be Pretty in Pink and/or Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip. And teamed with my favourite Christmas set, Season of Joy, I've come up with something a little different from the traditional holiday card.

The orange layer gave me the most trouble - it just wasn't working originally until I trimmed it down a little and added the stamped swirls. The edges have been distressed using the little distresser tool from the Cutter Kit, then dragged through the Pumpkin Pie inkpad and sponged until the colour depth around the edges looked "right".

I don't know that I'd mass produce this card - cutting out the tree is awfully fiddly - but it was fun to make!

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp/s: Season of Joy
Ink: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose

Cardstock: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie,
Whisper White
Other: 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Cutter Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails