Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sale-A-Brate Good Times, Come On!

Yeah, I know, that is one of the lamer blog titles of all time LOL, but it's just that every time I hear the word "Sale-A-Bration", that song jumps into my head.

Yes, it's Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration time again. For those of you who haven't experienced this, I'll quickly explain ... from now until March 31, for every $100 you spend on Stampin' Up! merchandise (catalogue price, so that is excluding shipping) you receive a totally FREE Sale-A-Bration stamp set! There are four FREE stamp sets to choose from, they are only available during the Sale-A-Bration period, are not available for sale, and once it's over that's it, you can't get them any more.

To have a look at the stamp sets, click on over to the Stampin' Up! website (direct link to the Sale-A-Bration page here or on my Business Website here).

Being a demonstrator, I am lucky enough to be able to take advantage of things like pre-purchase on some items, including SAB sets. After much umming and ahing - it was a hard decision, I can tell you - I decided to get Good Neighbours (see the sample to the left) - it's so cute! The set consists of 10 stamps (admittedly they're kinda small), comprising three houses, three roofs, three trees and a cloud, so you can mix & match and make your own little town scene (a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig is almost essential here, by the way).

The sample shown here was made at the direction of my daughter, aged 11. I had made her a bookmark a few weeks back, which she didn't like because apparently the colours I chose "don't look good together". Her words. So she was given the job of choosing the colours for her bookmark herself.

While Gable Green and Perfect Plum is not a colour scheme I would have picked, it actually came out quite well in the end.

It was also her choice to have the little house on there (I added the tree without being told *g*), and while I was sceptical at first, the bookmark ended up looking a lot nicer than I had thought.

To give you an idea of the size of the Good Neighbours stamps, the bookmark measures 7cm across and 10.5cm high. And for those of you who want more details, it's actually folded in half along the top (so it's actually a 21x7cm strip), with the Round Tab Punch stapled on for a tab, and magnets stuck inside so the bookmark grips the page and (hopefully) doesn't fall out.

If you want your own copy of the Sale-A-Bration brochure, or wish to place a qualifying order to get your very own FREE stamp set, contact me today!

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Good Neighbours (Sale-A-Bration set)
Ink: Perfect Plum, Gable Green
Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Gable Green,
Whisper White
Other: Round Tab Punch, Scallop Square Punch, 1-1/4" Square Punch, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Retro Remix Standard Wheel

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails