Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!

Another Christmas has passed, and we can all breathe freely for a little while at least ... while I enjoyed the break, there seems to be a ridiculous amount of pressure attached to Christmas - sorry, just got a little "bah humbug" there *g*.

Anyway, it's now 2010, and so far it's looking like a good year. Then again, it is only the 6th, plenty of time for things to go wrong LOL.

To kick off this year's posts, here is a snap of little gift card holders I whipped up for my nieces and nephew on Christmas Eve (nothing like the last minute for getting things done!). We usually find gift cards or cash are easiest, that way the kids can get whatever they want rather than end up with something lame that Auntie Chris picked up for them.

So each year I try to come up with a smart packaging idea. I was going to make little handbags, but that probably would have annoyed my nephew no end LOL, so after a little research online came up with these little beauties. And do you think I can remember where I got the idea from? Of course not!

Basically, these holders are a strip of cardstock, scored twice, with one side stuck down to create a little pocket. I stuck a piece of white cardstock under the top flap to write my message on.

And look! I've even cut into my precious stash of Designer Series Paper to decorate these - no stamping involved!

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Pixie Pink

Other: Washington Apple DSP, Petal Party Simply Scrappin' Kit, 1/4" White Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8" So Saffron and Certainly Celery ribbons from September promo (no longer available, sorry), Horizontal Slot Punch, Scallop Edge Punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails