Saturday, February 6, 2010

Butterfly Prints

When I sat down to make a card last night, this is not what I had in mind. In my head it was mostly white with butterflies flying across, perhaps punched out with the Butterfly Punch (from the current Summer Mini Catalogue) and glued on.

Very stark and simple.

What I came up with was this ... and I can't even tell you how it happened. The butterflies were originally in the centre of a larger sheet, which would have filled most of the front of an A6 card, but somehow I trimmed it a little here, a little there and ended up with what you see here.

Anyway, I like it.

A word of warning ... if you are planning on buying this set, or already own it, you will find that a Stamp A Ma Jig comes in handy when you're adding the body of the butterfly (a separate, tiny stamp). Nothing worse than having everything stamped just so and messing up at the very last minute when you add the final details!

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Butterfly Prints (Summer Mini Catalogue), Baroque Motifs
Ink: Ruby Red, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie

Cardstock: Ruby Red, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie,
Whisper White
Other: Eyelet Border Punch, Stamp A Ma Jig

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, these colors are lovely - one of my favorite combos. I've had my eye on this set and I SOOOOOOOOOO hope we get it in the new US/Canada catty this summer.

Lynn said...

Hi Chris, great to hear from you. Thankyou for the lovely comments..I love your butterfly card, especially the colours..(if you notice in blog, I've gone a bit butterfly mad lately)I will catch up with sometime..I know there's a craft show coming up :)

Chris said...

Trina, thanks! Hope you get the set too, it's so cute.
Lynn, I won't be doing Paperific this time around :-( but my upline, some of my sidelines and friends will still be there!

Felicity said...

Love these colours, I cant believe we have a set that the US doesn't!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails