Monday, February 15, 2010

More Hearts

So Valentine's day is over for another year, but hearts are always nice. Here's another card using "I {Heart} Hearts" (don't forget that $2 from your purchase of this set goes to the Haitian Relief Fund, until the end of February). It was inspired by a card I saw on Splitcoast Stampers (what a resource that place is!) but as always came out completely different to both the original card and the vision in my head.

To create the inside layer, I masked the left side of an A6 sheet of cardstock with a sheet of torn paper, and stamped "Tres Chic" in Pretty in Pink down the right, then sponged the edges in matching ink.

In the closeup on the right, you can see a little bit of the Pretty in Pink cardstock I stuck along the spine of the card to provide some contrast to the scalloped edge.

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: I {Heart} Hearts, Tres Chic, Baroque Motifs
Ink: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink
Cardstock: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink,
Whisper White
Other: Scallop Edge Punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails