Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Keeping it Simple

As a demonstrator, I need to make sure that I have samples using current products to show people what they can achieve with Stampin' Up!

However, with the announcement a few months back that many of the "core colours" were being retired in a major colour reconfiguration, combined with the recent Last Chance List of retiring stamps, I have found that a lot (and I mean a LOT) of my samples will no longer showcase products that the customer can buy.

It was a sad day when I went through my samples folder and display board. This is the result (note that the cards on the table didn't all come from the board shown, but also from my big book). And I keep finding samples I had stashed away and forgotten to add to my book.

But the cloud has a silver lining. I have the perfect excuse to stamp up a heap of new cards, and while it will take a while to replace all the old samples, I've made a start.

Here's a card I whipped up the other night - very quick, very simple. I've just stamped the three flower stamp from Eastern Blooms three times in different colours - Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron. There is a style of stamping called "Clean And Simple", and I believe this card fits nicely into that category.

I took inspiration from this card over at SplitcoastStampers.

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Eastern Blooms
Ink: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron

Cardstock: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red

Other: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails