Monday, August 16, 2010

Top Note Box

I stumbled across this project recently, and finally got a chance to try it out the other night ... wow, it was so easy, and very effective as well.

I also finally got around to trying out the scallop punch flower properly (as opposed to the practice ones I have made). There are lots of tutorials for these flowers all over the net so I won't even attempt to write one - I used the version where you punch the scallops out, scrunch them well to soften the cardstock fibres and peel the cardstock in half to expose the soft, suede-like insides. I really love how it came out, and it seems to suit the vintage-y look of the box just right.

Here you can see a closeup of the detail on the top of the box - I tore a hole in a piece of scrap paper and used that as a reverse mask to stamp En Francais through (the same technique was used here).

Next time, I might run the top part of the box through an embossing folder in the Big Shot, for the texture (looooove texture *g*).

And here's the box open. I didn't put the little dividers in this one - perhaps next time.

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Vintage Vogue, En Francais
Ink: Soft Suede, Sahara Sand

Cardstock: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla

Other: Scallop Circle Punch, Top Note Die

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails