Monday, August 15, 2011

Colour Inspiration

A new Stampin' Up! catalogue is not only exciting for all the new products it contains, but also the new samples and ideas on every page. This year, inspiration hit me before I had even turned to page 1!

Those of you who are lucky enough to have seen the new catalogue (and it's a beauty) may recognise the colour scheme I have used here. And if you've turned to page 67 you'll see where I got the inspiration for the basic layout of this card.

(Actually, I have used Cherry Cobbler instead of Poppy Parade - so sue me, I looooove Cherry Cobbler).

There was a few moments while making this card when I thought it was going to end up in the bin, but it turned out quite well, don't you think? If I hadn't seen it on the 2011-12 Idea Book & Catalogue, I would never have considered these colours together.

If you haven't seen the new 2011-12 catalogue yet, drop me a line - they are $10 (plus postage and handling) or FREE with a workshop - but remember, the goodies inside are only available from September 1, and you won't see it online until after that date!

Supplies used:
Stamp(s): Cottage Garden
Ink: Peach Parfait, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede
Cardstock: Peach Parfait, Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
Other: Circle Scissor Plus, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Boho Blossoms Extra-Large Punch Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Metallic Brads

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails