Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cutout Butterflies

A couple of months ago, I attended Stampin' Up's annual convention here in Melbourne. One of the highlights of convention is seeing fellow demonstrators present a Workshop Wow on stage - they are all so clever, and we always come away with some nifty little trick to share with out customers.

Kirsty Brown showed us a stunning way to use our Beautiful Butterflies Sizzix die. I would try to explain it, but a picture would do the job way better. Here's my take on her nifty technique:


And a closeup:

I'm not sure if it shows up in the photo, but I spritzed the Bashful Blue butterfly with a Frost White Shimmer Paint spray after embossing it.

Once you have the positioning correct, these double cut butterflies are a snap to make - just ask the ladies I taught it to the other week!

Supplies used:
Stamp(s): Baroque Motifs, Vintage Vogue
Ink: Pear Pizazz, Concord Crush
Cardstock: Conford Crush, Pear Pizazz, Whisper White, Bashful Blue
Other: Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, Finial Press Em3/16" Corner Rounder, Basic Rhinestones

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hi Chris! Yes we did the tree change because city living was too tiring! And now I can focus on what I love to do best...Crafts!! Hope you are well and I love those butterflies:)
huggs
Lynn xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails