Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sponged Masking

Here's an oldie but a goodie ... basically you mask off a section of cardstock and sponge randomly with a few complimentary colours.  I used to do this on envelopes before sending them off through the mail - and I like to think the postie enjoyed the view :-)

And was this one of the quickest cards I ever made?  You bet!  It took longer to decide which stamp to use than it did to create a quick mask, select the colours and lay them down nice and thick on the Whisper White cardstock (may I say that this cardstock is perfect for this technique?  The smooth finish takes the ink brilliantly).


I might add a greeting one day when I decide who to give the card to.  In the meantime I will just enjoy the pretty colours (how well do the current 2012-14 In Colors of Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder and Lucky Limeade go together?)

And thank you to Janine for reminding me about this technique :-)

Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
 

Stamp(s): Simly Soft (Hostess Only set)
Ink: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Basic Black
Cardstock: Pool Party, Whisper White



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails