Friday, August 1, 2008

"Always" on my mind

At last, new samples from the Stampin' Up! Spring Mini Catalogue!

It's taken me a while to get organised with my new stamp sets ... they've been sitting here for a few weeks now but I have been somewhat distracted by the craft show and other things. At last, I have had a chance to play with them a little, and here are the first results ...

This first card was a bit of a challenge. I stamped the heart from "Always" first in Versamark, then used my Stampin' Pastels to apply colour. Using the Pastels this way you get a very soft effect, because the chalk will stick a little to the cardstock as well as the Versamarked area.

It's not quite that "yellowy" in real life, blame my scanner and/or photo editting program. Or me, if you like *g*.

You can't see in the scan, but the Vanilla piece of card has also been stamped with the three small stamps from this set, also in Versamark but not chalked. The watermarked effect is so subtle you really have to get up close to see it!

And lastly the "always" stamp, from the same set, which as you can see fits nicely in the 1-1/4" circle punch.

You know what's missing from this card? Ribbon. Sadly I don't have any of the gorgeous Regal Rose 5/8" ribbon :-(

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used: Always stamp set, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Regal Rose and Old Olive cardstock, Versamark and Regal Rose ink, Stampin' Pastels, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch.


The second card I have to show you tonight uses the same stamp set, however this time I have stamped the heart in Versamark on the Stampin' Up! white glossy cardstock (and believe me, this stuff is super glossy!). Because the Versamark acts as a resist, I could give it a blast with my heat gun to dry it a bit, then brayered Ruby Red ink over the top to create the negative effect.

Trimming around the heart was a bit of a pain, which doesn't explain why I ended up doing it three times for this card alone *sigh*. It looks good though *g*.

I like how this one came out.

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used: Always stamp set, Whisper White, Gloss White, Not Quite Navy and Soft Sky cardstock, Versamark, Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy and Soft Sky ink, Brayer.

This stamp set also has a gorgeous bird silhouette; I'm working on something featuring that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails