Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Heartfelt Thanks

This is a stamp set I don't use nearly as much as I should. It was one of the sets from my Starter Kit, and it really is nice, and quite versatile as well.

I used a chalking technique I discovered somewhere on the web (probably Splitcoaststampers *g*, everything is there!) where you ink the stamp with Versamark, then apply chalk directly to the stamp to colour the image. I could have stamped with Versamark then dusted the chalk over the top of the image, but in this case I wanted the edges of the image to be well defined, something that you just can't do the "usual" way.

The colours are pretty subtle - can you see that the petals are Cameo Coral near the centre and Ruby Red around the edges? And right in the middle is the little "dot" stamp (the flower centre) in Barely Banana.

The cardstock colours were a bit of an experiment as well ... I had the Very Vanilla cardstock out for something else and decided to use that instead of my usual Whisper White, then the remaining colours just seemed like a good idea. I like the "vintage" look of the Vanilla, Ruby Red and Close to Cocoa.

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used: Heartfelt Thanks stamp set, Very Vanilla, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa and Certainly Celery cardstock, Versamark and Close to Cocoa ink, Stampin' Pastels, Certainly Celery Ribbon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails