Sunday, May 10, 2009

A rose for mum

Mothers' Day always manages to sneak up too quickly, which is why I still have this card here instead of it being with my mother in country Victoria ... sorry Mum! It'll be in the mail tomorrow, I promise.

On the plus side, it means I am remembering to photograph and share it, so everyone wins.

Here I have used a white crayon to highlight parts of the rose (stamped in Stazon Black on Glossy White cardstock), then sponged coloured inks over the top. The crayon "resists" the dye inks and shows through, and because I've used very soft coloured inks the effect is very subtle indeed.

I love this rose stamp! And the wide grosgrain ribbon really finishes this card, I think.

Can you see the text image stamped in Whisper White craft ink on the Apricot Appeal layer? The card looked very flat so I added that for a little depth. The Whisper White ink catches the light beautifully on pale cardstock.

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp set/s: Fifth Avenue Floral, En Francais, Trendy Trees
Ink: Black Stazon, Apricot A
ppeal, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Basic Black, Whisper White Craft
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Pink Pirouette, Glossy White

Other: Large Oval Punch, Word Window Punch, Stampin' Sponges, 5/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

And while I had Fifth Avenue Floral and the Whisper White craft ink out, I whipped this one up - inspired by this card on Splitcoast I saw a while back. This one was a piece of cake, just stamped in white on black cardstock, then embossed in white (white on white seems to give the finished result that little bit of extra brightness).

This was super-quick, and eventually I will decide what to use the card for and add a phrase to the top right corner where it looks a little bare.

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp set/s: Ffth Avenue Floral
Ink: Whisper White Craft

Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White

Other: White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails