Sunday, May 17, 2009

Trying new colours

Well, the colours themselves aren't new ... you might recognise them as just regular colours from the Stampin' Up! colour families, but using them together in this way was new to me.

The inspiration from this first card came from Splitcoaststampers, but I honestly couldn't tell you which of the many beautiful samples showcasing this set I was thinking of - after a while you've seen so many cards that it's hard to remember where you started *g*.

Anyway, I'm happy with the outcome. The cut out flowers have brads in the centre, and are attached with Stampin' Dimensionals. The sentiment is from Cheep Talk - it just seemed to be the right stamp for the card and fit so well.

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp set/s: Eastern Blooms, Cheep Talk
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie

Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White

Other: Scallop Edge Punch, Stampamajig, Stampin' Dimensionals, Vintage Brads

The second card was made because I was on a roll and had the stamps, ink and so on already out. That's not to say it was easy ... originally the focal image was something completely different and ended up in the bin (I hate having to throw stuff out, usually I try to reclaim it somehow, but this piece was beyond help *sigh*).

I used the Scallop Edge Punch on the lower edge, then backed the card front with a piece of Old Olive so the card still sits okay (the Edge Punch takes off about 1cm of cardstock). I like the contrast this gives. Next time I might trim the back to suit instead, just to see what it looks like.

I've left the lower left corner blank until I can think of an appropriate phrase for this card. For now it's a good place to put my watermark *g*.

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp set/s: Eastern Blooms
Ink: Real Red, Bashful Blue
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Other: Scallop Edge Punch, 5/8" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-14" Circle Punch

1 comment:

Felicity said...

Very pretty Chris :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails