Thursday, June 24, 2010

More Scallop Envelope Fun

The other day I posted a couple of things I'd made using the Scallop Envelope die, and had to share this as well ... so sweet!

If you cut two scallop envelope dies, then trim all but 1/2" from the bottom, you can use the die to create a little gift card box for 3" square gift cards. Simply fold all the sides in and stick them togehter, fold the front flap down and secure it somehow (here I've used a brad to hold it all together).

You can wrap a piece of Designer Series Paper around the box to dress it up a little if you want.

Of course, being me I had to do things somewhat differently. Instead of cutting two envelopes and cutting the bottom flaps off, I used a folded piece of cardstock and placed the fold 1/4" up from the bottom score line so all I needed to do to construct the box was fold all the scoring in and stick the sides together.

And here's the box with the gift cards I made to go inside.

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Priceless
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron

Other: Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Vintage Brads, Scallop Envelope Die, Washington Apple DSP

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails