Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pocket Easel Card

A week or so ago, I saw this card and, because I'm a sucker for the tricky-looking cards, immediately had to sit down with the instructions and make one of my own.

Okay, the first one was a pretty poor effort, but I excused that, because it was my "practice" copy (the one where I work though the instructions step by step and make my mistakes) and I hadn't even used my beautiful Stampin' Up! cardstock to make it.

This is Version 2.0, and I have to say I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

I've been having a little bit of a Kraft cardstock kick at the moment, and am looking forward to September when it is to be renamed to Cake Crumb AND we will be getting a matching ink (!!!). The subtle colour you see in the background of the Very Vanilla panel is actually Sahara Sand - not a bad match, but not perfect.

Here's what's inside - a slip out piece of card perfect for writing your message (also lightly sponged and stamped with Sahara Sand).

And this is the back, so you can see how it all fits together.

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Vintage Vogue
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand
Cardstock: Kraft, Very Vanilla
Other: 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Very Vintage Stampin' Around Wheel

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails