Saturday, November 27, 2010

More Christmas cheer

As promised, here's a picture of the Christmas card that my lucky friends and family are going to receive this year.

Rather than think of a new design, I just based this on the card I made for my "real life job" employer to send out to our customers, with a couple of changes. First and most obvious (duh!) is the colours - I have gone for a more traditional red/green look, with a slightly vintage feel (using the vanilla and kraft).

This is a chance to showcase my new favourite colour, Cherry Cobbler ... so pretty ...!

I also used one of the little stamps in the Delightful Decorations sets for the Christmas message in the middle of the bauble, stamped in the new Crumb Cake ink which matches the cardstock formerly known as Kraft.

The one change you can't really see in this photo is the shimmer spray I've used on the vanilla layer. You put a few drops (about 10) of the new Shimmer Paint (page 143 in the 2010-11 Idea Book & Catalogue) in a little spray bottle, top it up with some rubbing alcohol (available in the health & beauty aisle in your supermarket), shake well before each use, and spritz your cardstock for beautiful shine. If it's not sparkly enough, you can respritz when it's dry.

Here's an exteme closeup, where you can actually see the flecks of paint (click for a closer view). If you could see the actual card, you would see that it has a glow about it, and really adds to the overall effect - I'm very happy with this year's efforts!

And you can expect to see a lot more shimmer in my cards - I love this Shimmer Paint!

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Delightful Decorations
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
Other: Top Note Die, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Ornament Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Shimmer Paint

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails