Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Regional Seminar Project #2

Further to my post from the other day, here's the second of the projects I completed after our Regional Seminar last weekend.

The photo might be a little dark (well, it looks that way on my computer screen, which is long past retirement age), so you may not be able to see the texture of the base Soft Suede cardstock.

Again, we used watercolouring on the daisy from the Every Moment set, and also masking to create a bunch of flowers.

When you're watercolouring, the best ink to use for your "colour in" image is Stazon - this is a permanent ink which, once dry, won't run when wet - perfect for this technique.

We also used the Colour Spritzer tool, which is fun - you put a Stampin' Write marker in the holder, squeeze the barrel and a puff of air blows colour from the marker tip onto your project. It takes a little practice to get it right, but the effect is quite interesting - a sort of light splatter of colour across your project.

Here's a closeup of my watercolouring - can you tell I'm pretty pleased with myself?

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Every Moment
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Jet Black Stazon
Cardstock: Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede Textured, Watercolour Paper
Other: Old Olive 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Daffodil Delight 3/8" taffeta ribbon, Basic Pearls, Aqua Painter, Scallop Edge Punch, Clips Assortment, Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker, Color Spritzer

1 comment:

Jo said...

You go girl! 2 down, 2 to go. I agree, the spritzer tool does take some time to get used to. I'm sure the people at the convention centre would have liked it better if I had have had some prior experience. Then maybe I wouldn't have spritzed that white table cloth more than my project, lol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails