Friday, June 24, 2011

Concord Flowers

I loved this card the minute I saw it. I can't decide if it's the colour scheme (how well does River Rock go with Melon Mambo and Elegant Eggplant?) or the layout. In an attempt to find out, I made my own version - and yes, I know, it's pretty much a straight copy. I was low on mojo the other night when I did this, and couldn't find my own creativity :-(

Anyway, aside from using Concord Crush instead of Elegant Eggplant (just a personal preference), changing out the stamp on the panel and using my embossing folder to dress up the Melon Mambo layer, it's pretty much the same card.

I might have to try this colour combo for other projects - it's certainly eye catching!

And here's a close up of the little butterfly - spritzed with a shimmer mist made from Frost White Shimmer Paint ... so cute.

Supplies used:
Stamp(s): Inspired by Nature
Ink: Concord Crush
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, River Rock, Concord Crush
Other: Finial Press Embossing Folder, Top Note Sizzix Die, Beautiful Wings Embosslit

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails