Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Vintage Style

It's been quite a while since I tried my hand at a "vintage" style card, and I was surprised just how hard it was to capture the vision I had in my head of how this was supposed to work out.

To be honest, I never did work that out. This card really didn't come out the way I wanted it to :-(

I started with a random page out of an old dictionary, scrunched, sponged, inked and spritzed with water then dried with my heat tool. I've used More Mustard, to try and capture that old book colour.

The flower is made using a couple more dictionary pages (it's okay, it was old and falling apart anyway), the Scallop Circle punches (now available in two different sizes), with more scrunching and sponging, then spritzed with a Shimmer Paint spray (which I've used a few times before) using Champagne Mist.

I've also spritzed the Very Vanilla layer with Champagne Mist, just because I thought it looked pretty :-) You might be able to see it in this closeup.

The whole thing needs a greeting or something, but I might leave that until I decide who to give it to :-)

Supplies used:
Stamp(s): French Filigree, Vintage Vogue
Ink: More Mustard, Versamark
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Other:
1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Border, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint

3 comments:

Pauline Laing said...

Wow, gorgeous (are you sure I didn't make it? oh, wait, it's finished, must have been you!)

Chris said...

Thanks dearie! The dictionary pages are completely your influence, natch. Actually, they are from the dictionary I said I was going to give you, hope you don't mind if it's missing a few pages.

HA!

Pauline Laing said...

missing pages? Best kind! No guilt over damaging a perfectly good book!

Must make some more of these flowers too, they are fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails