Monday, September 15, 2008

Catching up

With one thing and another, I've not really found time for stamping or writing this week ... just stuff getting in the way, but that's how it is I guess *shrug*.

To make up for the lack of posts lately, here are pictures of the cards we made at a workshop I ran over the weekend (waves to Melita and her friends - thanks for a fun afternoon!).

Firstly a Christmas card ... well, after all it's only 3 and a bit months away, so now is the best time to start! I forgot to include a brad in the workshop sample (oops, sorry guys) but otherwise it's as seen here.

We used my favourite Purely Pomegranate and another of SU's 2007/08 In Colors, Wild Wasabi. The green of Wild Wasabi is a little more vibrant than seen here, and between this and the Pomegranate, they take the traditional red/green Christmas colour combination and give it a bit of oomph *g*!

Do the sponged edges of the green layer show up? We did that to give the card a little more depth.

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp sets: Season of Joy
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi
Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White

Other: So Swirly Stampin' Around Jumbo Wheel & Handle, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponges

The other card we made was similar to the one posted here, except that I didn't have the butterfly from Priceless (because I didn't get the stamp set for my very own until today - at last, I finally got around to buying it for myself!), so we used the side-on butterfly from Garden Whimsy instead.

I also substituted the Regal Rose cardstock and ink for Cameo Coral (not enough of the original colour cardstock on hand - also now rectified with the order I received today *g*). The colours are similar enough to be interchangable here, but when you have them side by side they are very different (if that makes sense ...?). Perhaps you need to see them to compare.

This card is quick and easy but also has a Wow factor to it. Well, that's what I think, anyway *g*.

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp sets: Baroque Motifs, Garden Whimsy, Warm Words
Ink: Cameo Coral, Old Olive
Cardstock: Cameo Coral, Old Olive, Whisper White

Other: Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails