Saturday, June 28, 2008

More pink ...

I tried really hard today to *not* make a pink card, but it just happened that way. I think my mistake was to use green in the first place - it goes so well with pink. Next time I think I will start with a different colour and see what direction it takes me in.

Every month I try to get to our local "stamp club" (well, when I say "local", it's more of a 20 minute drive). This club has been going in various forms for over 10 years now, and is a nice way to get out of the house for the afternoon and see what other people are doing. Half the time I don't get any stamping done, but just chat and look at what everyone else is doing.

Lately I have been trying to be a bit more focussed, however, and here is the results.

[CASEing alert (surely you've seen this acronym before? It means Copy And Steal Everything - but in the nicest possible way, or at least that's how I use it). These ideas aren't mine, but I can't recall where I saw them originally. If you think your card might have been the inspiration for one of these and you don't think I should have it up, please let me know.]

The colours are a little odd on this one, although I tried to alter the hue and saturation somewhat so it looked a little more like the card itself. It does look a little more vibrant in real life. Look, there's that butterfly from Priceless yet again!

I don't know if you can see the row of holes pierced along the bottom of the black panel, just a bit of visual interest and texture there.

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used: Baroque Motifs and Priceless
stamp sets, Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss, Pink Passion, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock, Pink Passion and Basic Black ink, Paper Piercing tool and Mat Pack, Scallop Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch.




I like how this one came out, and it was pretty simple to do. See how the swirl from Baroque Motifs looks like some sort of bramble or wilderness of weeds? Wish I could say I'd thought of that myself.

The trickiest part of this was doing the butterfly's antennae - I inked it up, then used my finger to wipe away the pink on just that part and then inked that bit up with the tip of my black marker. A little fiddly, but well worth it.

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used: Baroque Motifs, Priceless and Warm Words
stamp sets, Regal Rose, Old Olive and Whisper White cardstock, Regal Rose and Old Olive ink, Basic Black Marker

Okay, now with any luck I'm over this pink phase for a while. Let's see what I come up with for next time! I'm always surprised at the end of a stamping session, because I usually have no idea what I'm going to end up with - the best laid ideas which looked fabulous in my head are never the same when they're glued down in cardstock, and generally need a tweak or two before I'm happy.

3 comments:

Lita said...

Gorgeous!! I will definitely be CASEing that wishful card...just beautiful!

Gail Kirby said...

Double Gojus! I will also be casing it mwhaa haaa haaa!

Gina S said...

I agree with Gail, just Gojus ! And I will case when I get the kids back to school and have some 'me' stamping time !!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails