Monday, May 17, 2010

Chalky Medallion

I have to say, I am really liking this stamp. I read the other day that it's one of Stampin' Up!'s top sellers in the United States, and I can understand why - it's elegant, big and suits a whole bunch of different occasions.

Here I have used a technique known as Poppin' Pastels (well, that's one of its many names), where you stamp an image in Versamark (a clear, sticky ink), then apply pastels over the top with either an applicator or eye shadow sponge. The effect as you can see is quite soft and kind of fuzzy around the edges, the result of rubbing chalks over the surface of the cardstock. The colour will attach itself best to the sticky Versamark, but will also leave a residue on the cardstock next to the image.

The ribbon ... look closely ... can you tell I didn't have any matching ribbon in my stash, so I had to use Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, coloured with a Bashful Blue marker. Piece of cake - if you have white ribbon and a bunch of markers, you can have any colour you want. Just don't get it wet LOL.

I wish the colour was a little better, so you could see just how well the new Melon Mambo goes with Elegant Eggplant, a rich dark purple.

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Medallion Background, Warm Words
Ink: Versamark, Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant, Bashful Blue

Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo,
Elegant Eggplant, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Other: 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Bashful Blue Stampin' Write Marker, Stampin' Pastels

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails