Saturday, May 1, 2010

Top Note Gift Card Holder

I just love my Big Shot die cutting machine, and this Top Note die specially. Sure, it makes a nice layer on a card, but when you look at it in a different light, the possibilities are practically endless!

Do a Google Image search for Top Note Die and see what I'm talking about.

The other day I came across this tutorial for a nifty little gift card holder using this die. I have made similar holders in the past, but none came out quite as classy as this one *g*. Every time I look at it I feel so darned proud of myself LOL.

I put the front of the holder back through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, cut out a spray of leaves with my little Little Leaves Sizzlit die, and stamped up a storm with Cottage Garden - all available in the Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue (contact me for a copy).

The colour is totally off here ... I have adjusted it somewhat with my photo editting software, but you really can't see the gorgeous Rich Razzleberry properly (I recommend calling me to book a workshop so you can see it in person *g*).

Here's a picture of the inside of the folder - I took the instructions a step further and used the Word Window punch (carefully positioned half on the fold) inside to create a nicely shaped notch for the gift card to sit in. Of course, the punch is only a few centimetres long, so I had to punch, then slide along and punch again to create a slot the right width.

The holder is held together with pieces cut from a little self-adhesive magnet sheet - I find these are easier on cardstock that velcro, which can stick a little too agressively and cause the card to bend and crease as you try to open it.


Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Cottage Garden
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette

Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette, Old Olive, Whisper White

Other: Large Oval Punch, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Top Note Die, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Word Window Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails