Tuesday, June 17, 2014

You make me happy

I love this stamp set.  I haven't used it nearly enough, and while it's currently available in the Occasions Catalogue, it will be gone from the end of June - it's one of those which didn't make the cut for the 2014-15 Catalogue :-(

Here's a card I made recently, pretty much a straight copy (I was low on inspiration that day) from a card I found on Pinterest.  I loved the colours on the original, but didn't want to do the exact same thing, so I went with a bright combination of yellow and blue/green (I still haven't decided which colour family Pool Party and Coastal Cabana fall into).


I also took the liberty of adding random stampings of the paint spatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge, mostly because I managed to put a yellow smudge on the white cardstock after I'd done all the main stamping and needed to cover it up somehow rather than start all over again.  Your challenge is to find the smudge :-)

This card took a little work and judicious use of the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig positioner - this is a terrific tool, and under-appreciated a lot of the time, I think.

If you want to buy your own Happy Watercolour set, remember that it's only available until the end of June 2014.  Contact me to place your order!

Images © 1990-2014 Stampin' Up!®  
Supplies used:
Stamps:  Happy Watercolour
Cardstock:  Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White
Ink: Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Black Stazon
Accessories:  Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails