Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thank You card

Last night I went to a friend's house to stamp. There is a group of us who have been having these get togethers every month or so for some years now, and it is a great way to have a girls' night, catch up, have a few laughs and occasionally get something creative done.

Usually I have no idea what I want to make, and take just about everything I can fit into my travelling workshop (and given that I have just upgraded to a new improved model, that is a heck of a lot, trust me). Last night I had half an idea and still took too much. But I got some stuff made!

First card is not my idea at all - I used a design from the Stampin' Up! website, and made only two changes - I used a different stamp set and used an eyelet rather than a brad. It came out exactly like it was supposed to.

Can you see the row of embossed dots above the circle punch? These are done with the Crop-A-Dile! Yep, not only does it punch holes and set eyelets like a dream, you can do these nifty little raised dots with it as well! I like the look, plan to use it a lot more *g*.

(Note that I scanned this so it's a little dodgy - given that it has a little dimension due to the ribbon, I would have preferred to photograph it but didn't think of it till now when it's far too dark to do. Hopefully I will remember to fix this tomorrow).

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used: Seeing Spots
and Happiness stamp sets, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White and Old Olive cardstock, Pretty in Pink and Old Olive inks, Pretty in Pink and Old Olive Stampin' Write markers, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 3/4" Punch Real Red ribbon, Crop-a-dile, Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon

The other card I made was totally inspired by a card in the Ideas Book & Catalogue (page 105). I don't own this set (Priceless) but my friend/upline (Gail) let me use hers, as she knows how much I love it. Here it is with my "go to" colour combination of So Saffron, Purely Pomegranate and Mellow Moss. The butterfly was inked with So Saffron, then I carefully rolled the edges of its wings in the Purely Pomegranate.

Again, I would have preferred to photograph this rather than scan it, as then you would see how the butterfly's wings aren't stuck down and sit a little away from the base card.

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used: Priceless stamp set,
So Saffron, Purely Pomegranate and Mellow Moss cardstock, So Saffron, Purely Pomegranate, Mellow Moss and Basic Black inks, Basic Black Stampin' Write marker, Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Photo Corners Punch

2 comments:

Melita said...

Again, some gorgeous cards! I just love checking out your blog lol Really must update my own :p
Love hte inking technique and plan to try this myself - tonight!

Chris said...

Thank you for all your kind comments on my blog ... it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself here LOL (and it's encouraging to have all these positive words *g*).

Thanks again

-Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails