Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easy Easel

At last, I got around to trying one of these Easel Cards out the other night ... and it was "easel"y one of the "easel"iest cards I've made in a long time.

Sorry. Got a bit carried away there, but I'm over it now *g*.

Anyway, this is the card which inspired me to finally make an easel card ... I love how she has used the little flowers from the Trio Flower punch to hold the card up - so clever - so I snaffled the idea for my card.

I put each little flower onto the the foam pad out of the Mat Pack and pressed down in the centre with the end of a pen - this was to shape the flowers a little so they would sit up around the edges and catch the front of the card when it is open.

My version is very much on the "simple" side - I was a bit short on time and space when I made it, so had to stick to the basics, but it was a very easy card to make with a high degree of "wow" in the presentation - my favourite kind of project!

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Inspired by Nature
Ink: Not Quite Navy

Cardstock: Kraft, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White

Other: Trio Flower Punch, Vintage Brads, Mat Pack

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails