Friday, July 4, 2008

Something a little different

Well, at least the colours on these cards is different ... look, no pink today! I managed to steer away from pink, although the Pale Plum is almost a pinky colour.

Firstly something I wanted to fiddle around with since I saw something similar the other day - almost a "spotlight" technique, but instead of colouring in the focussed image, I simply framed it with black. I like the monochrome effect, although I ended up putting a layer of slightly darker cardstock at the back ... not sure if this helps or not, but the card itself is in danger of falling over, with all those layers!

I wish there was another oval punch inbetween the large and small sizes ... I think that would look pretty nifty in that darker plum colour.

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used: Baroque Motifs stamp set, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum and Basic Black cardstock, Basic Black ink, Large Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch.



This next card uses a stamp I've been kind of overlooking since I got this stamp set ... it's a sort of squarish design, kind of plain by itself, but when I saw how it had been used to mimic leaves under a flower, I took a second look at it - I like how it looks kind of like a bouquet seen from above, with leaves framing the flowers.

Loving the colours together too.

For the pale background, I inked up my Baroque Border wheel on my Versamark pad, so the design would be extremely subtle. I love the wheel, but find it can be a little overwhelming at times.

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used: Baroque Motifs stamp set, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Old Olive and Whisper White cardstock, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Old Olive and Versamark ink, Baroque Border Wheel, Crop-A-Dile, eyelet

One more card, only this time I had no hand in making this ... my daughter did this for my birthday the other day. No stamping! I can't believe she's my kid *g*.

I bought myself season one of Get Smart (the original TV series) because a) I've always wanted it and b) it was released on my birthday and if that's not a sign I don't know what is. At last, I can show the kids one of my favourite shows, and so far (three episodes in) they are enjoying it nearly as much as me. However, I think I get more laughs out of knowing what is coming next *g*.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails